Saturday, April 30, 2011

8 months...and feeling it!

So I am currently on spring break (only 1 more day left though). Glenn was able to take some days off and take a bit of a spring break as well. We went down to Myrtle Beach Fri-Wed, had a great time, went back to NC for Glenn to work Thursday and Friday, then back to the beach for the weekend. While Glenn was at work I got busy painting William's nursery a light green. I will post pictures of it once we have the nursery back together and such. Painting ended up killing my body, even though I took plenty of breaks etc., but right now my hip joints are killing me, and pretty much every muscle in my body is sore. I could have waited until Glenn came home to help me, but I'm stubborn and couldn't wait. But, hey, I got it done!

My best friend who I met in college, taught next to for a year, then she moved to VA, then to KS(army life), came and visited me last week! She also brought my "niece", Hailey, who is now 11 months old, but I had not seen her since she was 2 weeks old! She is such a cutie pie and a little ham! She had a blast with the dogs and Glenn now has a new best friend :) We had a great time catching up and spending time with old friends, it made me realize how much I miss her :(

I had a doctors appointment yesterday, he is still head down, and heart beat is good. I talked to my midwife about stopping work in about two weeks. She said that would be fine, I have end of grade testing coming up, a lot of stressful stuff, am constantly exhausted, and am not nearly as mentally or physically prepared for his arrival as I would like to be. So at 34 weeks, I will be officially DONE working until who knows when, whoo hoo!

Here is a picture of Hailey and I while she was visiting


Here I am at the beach today (my hair is looking kinda crazy after a couple of hours at the beach)


How far along? 32 weeks 2 days

Maternity clothes? Some of my maternity clothes are even tight now

Stretch marks? none....*knocks on wood*

Sleep: Ugh, I miss it. I can't even seem to sleep in on the weekends anymore. I guess it's my body's way of getting me ready for William.

Best moment this/last month: This has nothing to do with being pregnant, but seeing my best friend and her little girl after 10 months away from each other.

Movement: Yep, he enjoys having his legs take turns kicking me, think along the lines of his riding a bike, but with no actual bike.

Food cravings: None, just have to many small meals.

Gender: Still boy as far as I know

Labor Signs: nope, haven't even felt any Braxton Hicks either.

Belly Button in or out? Um....neither...flat/non-existent

Wedding rings on or off? They are now off :( With the recent heat wave and swelling happening at the end of the day they were getting mighty tight. I bought a pretty flower ring to replace them for now, so at least my finger don't feel naked throughout the day.

What I miss: sleeping through the night, I feel like that's going to be something I'm going to miss for a while.

What I am looking forward to: My work and family/friends baby showers

Weekly Wisdom: Painting a room while pregnant really takes it out of you!

Milestones: Getting to 8 months

No comments:

Post a Comment